473 CABRILLO ST. Bldg 422
Presidio of Monterey, CA 93944-3208
" Timely Care with
life-threatening (life, limb, or sight) emergencies Dial 911 or go directly to the
closest Emergency Room!
AREA CODE: 831 DSN: 768
Routine Appointments (0900-1700 Mon-Fri)
Same Day Appointments (Acute Care)
All patients are assigned a Primary Care Manager (PCM) at POMAHC and can report for Acute Care on a walk-in basis from 0630-0800. Soldiers will be queued, prioritized and screened. If an appointment with the PCM is needed and unavailable for a 24 hour period, the patient will be directed to any available provider on the PCM Team for an acute appointment. If no appointments are available, patients will be diverted appropriately. Options include but are not limited to: self care pharmaceuticals, temporary profiles, quarters, future appointments, or patient education.
After Hours Urgent Care
During hours when the clinic is closed, federal holidays, and training holidays.
For life threatening emergencies proceed directly to the emergency room, or dial 911. For after hours care regarding urgent medical conditions only, call the Medical Officer on duty at (866) 772-9939, and leave a detailed message with the following information:
The last four digits of your Social Security Number
The Main reason for your call
Your telephone number
Your call will be returned as soon as possible for authorization to seek urgent care.
POMAHC is the primary entry point into the behavioral health system for all active duty service members within the Defense Language Institute (DLI), NPS, Fort Hunter-Liggett, Camp Roberts, Camp Parks, Ord Military Community, all recruiting stations in the South Bay area as well as the local Coast Guard station. The Wellness Center provides assessment, psychological, social work, and consultation services for all active duty service members. Individual therapy and group counseling are available to help service members with such problems as difficulties adapting to the military, various personal problems, PTSD, marital conflicts, depression, and anxiety, to name just a few.
For urgent care, contact your Chain of Command or the Chaplain’s Office. Service members can schedule appointments without requiring referral. Appointments can be made by contacting the Behavioral Health Administrative Assistant at 831-242-4328.
To schedule an appointment, call 831-242-6740. The Physical Therapy Clinic's goal is to provide the Presidio of Monterey active duty soldiers consistently high quality physical therapy healthcare and optimal access to care, resulting in the best possible outcomes.
The physical therapist will evaluate patients that are self-referred, referred by physicians, or other privileged non-physician health care providers including podiatrist, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, dietitians, and occupational therapist. The physical therapist develops a comprehensive treatment program that can include exercise programs, the use of physical and therapeutic agents, and instruction in self-care, posture modification, and prevention of further injuries.
Physical Exams, PHA, PDHA, PDHRA
- All Physicals and Periodic Health Assessments are Two-Part Appointments
- Airborne/Ranger, Flight, Separation/Retirement, and Commission physical exams are performed.
- All SM's 39 and over need to fast 10 - 12 hours prior to appointment time (water is OK)
- Patients need to bring medical records if not kept in this facility, and any other supporting medical documentation.
- All questionnaires for PHA, PDHA, and PDHRA appointments need to be completed prior to the Part 1 appointment.
- Walk-ins will not be accepted
- Remote patients are asked to send an email for information before scheduling.
- For PHA, call 242-6815 or send an email to: email@example.com
- For Physical Exams, Call 242-5672 or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- By appointment only; No Walk-ins.
- Call 242-5741
- All service members MUST have a copy of their vaccination record (SF 601 or equivalent - NOT entire medical record)
- No Dependant Immunizations EXCEPT for the following:
- All dependants MUST have a Doctor's Order that includes Vaccine.
- A copy of the patient's DD form 2766 is required.
Exceptional Family Member Program(EFMP)
- For Army, Contact the EFMP Clinical Coodinator at 242-7016 or email email@example.com for an appointment
- For Air Force, contact the EFMP Coordinator at 242-5026 for an appointment
- For Navy/Marine, contact the EFMP Coordinator at 242-6009 for an appointment.
- Include a valid Phone Number that the Coordinator can use to contact you.
Nutrition and Dietetics (Dietician) Counseling
- For Appointment call: 831-242-5741 or 831-242-5907
- By Appointment only, 242-5741
- Emergency eye care: Follow instructions for After Hours Urgent Care above.
Family Advocacy Program (FAP)
- Office Hours: 0800 - 1700 hours, Mon-Fri
- Phone Number and appointments: 831-242-7589 or 831-242-6346
Pediatrics (Enrolled Patients Only)
Routine Appointments (0830-1630 Mon-Fri) Appointments seen at: 880 Cass St, Monterey, second Floor
The Presidio of Monterey Army Health Clinic provides primary health care to children from birth to the 18th birthday. Eligible beneficiaries are those who have signed-up for TRICARE Prime with a POMAHC Pediatric provider as the Primary Care Manager (PCM). The scope of services provided by the clinic includes comprehensive well childcare with immunizations, management of acute minor illnesses, management of stable chronic illnesses, and coordination of care with pediatric specialists and medical centers for highly specialized evaluation. For appointments Call 646-5113
Call 1-866-772-9939 during hours when the clinic is closed, weekends, and federal holidays.
Dental (Active Duty)
Our Dental staff offers a wide range of services to active duty members. Due to current operational tempo, routine care for other beneficiaries is not available. We encourage family member to utilize the TRICARE DEPENDENT DENTAL INSURANCE Program, www.ucci.com.
Dental Sick Call Hours: 0700-0830
Appointment Lines – (831)242-5612/5613
Dental care is also available for Naval Post Graduate Students at the Naval Branch Dental Clinic Monterey located in Room 419 on the 4th floor of Herrmann Hall. Telephone (831) 656-2477.
All Other Family Members (not enrolled at the POMAHC)
- Call Your TriCare Primary Care Manager
- Notify the Tricare Service Center at 1-888-874-9378 to get an authorization number
Administrative Visits (No Appointment required)
Administrative visits are visits of a non-medical need or concern and strictly for administrative purposes only. Outprocessing will not be done before 0900 any day. Administrative services include but are not limited to, the Debt Collection Assistance Office, Health Benefits Advisors, the Patient Representative, Physical Evaluation Board Liaison Office, and the Referral Management Office. For more information call 831-242-5741.
As much as possible, you will receive care by your service Primary Care Manager.
Often, Self-Care and Over-the-counter (OTC) medications will treat your condition. Attend the Self-care class so you may request OTC medications directly from the Pharmacy!