Subscription Databases (can only be accessed within
Madigan or require a password)
- MDConsult - Clinical information service providing unlimited access to full-text clinical content including over 35 medical reference books, articles from 48 medical journals and clinics, and more. Requires password which can be obtained at the Medical Library.
- OCLC FirstSearch - A variety of databases including CINAHL and several business-related full text sources.
- Ovid - (Search Tips . There is also an Online Tutorial )
- CINAHL - nursing; Tips on searching CINAHL
- Medline - (1966 - present)
- PsychInfo - Database of articles on psychology, pharmacology, physiology, linguistics, anthropology, law, and social work.
- STAT!-Ref - 30 full-text medical textbooks. Remote access requires AKO password.
- ERIC - Education Resources Information Center. The database contains more than one million abstracts of education-related documents and articles.
- Full Text Magazines and Newspapers - at the Army Library Program.
- Health Education Assets Library - The prototype version of the HEAL application is for searching, browsing, and contributing to the library of image, audio and video files. Requires registration.
- NLM Gateway - searches MEDLINE/PubMed, OLDMEDLINE, LOCATORplus, AIDS Meetings, HSR Meetings, HSRProj, MEDLINEplus and DIRLINE.
- Online CME Sites - Compiled by Bernard Sklar, MD, MS
- PubMed - National Library of Medicine's search service to access MEDLINE and Pre-MEDLINE; links to full-text journals at Web sites of participating publishers; also provides access to the molecular biology databases included in the National Center for Biotechnology Information's Entrez retrieval system.
- Theses Canada Portal
- WorldCat - Union catalog of over 10,000 libraries worldwide.